Associate of Arts in Business
Enroll in the Associate of Arts in Business degree program online at Belhaven University and earn the general education credit requirements needed to continue and complete a four-year bachelor's degree. Belhaven online can take you from an associate degree all the way to a bachelor's or master's degree. Go farther and advance your education.
This online degree offers more than transferable credit-it prepares students to continue their education with a firm academic and spiritual foundation. Whether it is history, literature, biology or math, our courses are designed around the Christian worldview, giving attention to the Lord as creator and sustainer of all things.
The online associate degree is a two year, 62 credit hour program based on an 8 week course format. The Associate of Arts in Business degree is awarded at the completion of the program.
The Associate of Arts in Business degree at Belhaven Online is a two-year, 62 credit hour program (based on an 8 week course format) that offers transferable credit. This online degree program earns students the requirements necessary to complete a four-year bachelor degree.
|Course #||Course Name||Credits|
|BUS280||Introduction to Online Education||3|
|BIB214||Old Testament History||3|
|BIB215||New Testament History||3|
|PHY125||Science and Culture I||4|
|BIO125||Science and Culture II||4|
|ENG103||Composition and Rhetoric||3|
|ENG108||Effective Research Writing||3|
|ENG203||Survey of World Literature I||3|
|ENG204||Survey of World Literature II||3|
|HIS205||Contemporary World History||3|
|WVC301||Christian Interpretation of Life||3|
|ECO210||Comparative Economic Systems||3|
|BUS320||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|BUS326||Principles of Management||3|
As you apply for admission to Belhaven University, formerly Belhaven College, you can use this checklist to assist you in the process. Each item required is necessary to apply, be accepted and register at the college. If you have any questions about admission, contact email@example.com.
- COMPLETE the APPLICATION for Admission and SUBMIT $25 APPLICATION Fee.
- REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended. You may make copies of the transcript request form provided. Full credit is usually allowed for students transferring work from another regionally accredited institution. See Transferability of Credit Notice. The registrar will determine if the work is consistent with a liberal arts curriculum.
- Students applying with fewer than 12 semester hours of college credit acceptable by Belhaven must also submit an official high school transcript showing the date of graduation. A 2.0 grade point on a 4.0 scale average is required.
- A student who has earned the General Education Development (GED) certificate may be admitted. An official GED transcript must be provided from the State Department of Education of the state that issued the certificate. Subscores must be 450 or higher or an average standard score of 500 or higher to be considered for admission.
- SUBMIT TEST SCORES
- A student who is applying with fewer than 12 semester hours of college credit must send to the office of admission an official high school transcript showing the date of graduation as well as an official report of the ACT or SAT score directly from the testing service. Applications will be processed and admission status determined when all required items, including the ACT or SAT, where applicable, are on file.
- Freshmen who have graduated and been out of high school for five years or more will not be required to submit an ACT score, but their applications must be reviewed by the admission committee.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 525 or above on the paper-based or 71 on the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The TOEFL requirements may be waived if English proficiency can be demonstrated through other reliable documentation. Proficiency is usually demonstrated by at least two years of successful academic work at the college or university level in the United States.
- A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
- COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS
- Students taking the AA online courses are responsible for having the required hardware and software prior to each term start date.