Master of Health Administration
- Curriculum Summary
- Course Descriptions
- Sample Class Lecture
- Admission Information
- Application Process
The Master of Health Administration (MHA) is designed to equip students with the skills to have successful careers in the constantly changing arena of health care administration. The curriculum combines the academic, practical and technical skills that are demanded in the health care industry with the values of a Christ-centered education. With a degree from Belhaven, an accredited online university, you will be prepared to excel in our nation’s growing health care industry.
Master of Health Administration online students develop their skills through an intense program that both advocates high academic standards and validates the Christian values to which Belhaven, the School of Business, and each faculty member is committed.
Master of Health Administration program classes can be completed in two years and are offered in manageable, eight-week “hemesters.” Project Team activities within each course enhance the learning process and the development of problem-solving skills while enabling students to develop their teamwork skills.
A variety of jobs are available in the world of health administration, such as:
- Directing departments within a hospital
- Executive leadership
- Managing medical records and finances
- Overseeing the quality and safety of hospitals and patients
- Marketing and communications for hospital
- Leadership within physicians’ groups and doctors’ offices
- Managing mental health, nursing homes and other care facilities
- Nonprofit organizations with a background in health care management
- Leadership in pharmaceutical companies and government agencies
A degree in health care administration can equip you to begin or to move ahead within this large and growing sector of our society.
|Course #||Course Name||Credits|
|MSL601||Introduction to Graduate Education||3|
|MHA608||Current Issues and Trends in Health Administration||3|
|MHA624||Ethics in Health Care||3|
|MSL630||Leading High Performance Teams||3|
|MBA640||Advanced Organizational Leadership||3|
|MHA643||Health Care Finance and Budgeting||3|
|MHA646||Legal and Regulatory Environment of Health Care||3|
|MSL660||Current Issues in Human Resources||3|
|MSL665||Coaching, Mentoring, and Resolving Conflict||3|
|MHA668||Health Care Quality Management||3|
|MHA670||Health Administration Capstone||3|
You can view a sample business administration class from our online program. All of our classes are taught by qualified faculty from a Christian worldview. Once you are an accepted student and registered for classes, you will be given access to Cybergate, where all your online class materials are kept such as recorded lectures on streaming videos, announcements, syllabi, and online resources provided for study and assignments.
As you apply for admission to Belhaven University, you can use this checklist to assist you in the process. Each item required is necessary to apply, be accepted and register at the college. If you have any questions about admission, please contact us at 601-968-5940 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to apply:
COMPLETE the APPLICATION for Admission and SUBMIT $25 APPLICATION Fee.
SUBMIT RESUME AND TRANSCRIPTS
- Provide a professional resume showing two years of relevant work experience. Full time military enlistment will be considered in lieu of work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university and an official transcript from the institution granting your baccalaureate degree and official transcripts of all graduate level work, if any. A 2.8 cumulative GPA from undergraduate work is required for admission or 9 hours of graduate work with a B in each course. Up to 6 hours of accredited graduate work may be transferred if a B or better is earned in each course. Download the Transcript Request Form. See Transferability of Credit Notice.
Proficiency in the English language as demonstrated by at least two years of successful academic work at the college or university level in the United States or by a minimum score of 550 paper-based or 79 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Students taking the online courses are responsible for having the required hardware and software prior to each hemester start date.
- Students taking the online courses are responsible for having the required hardware and software prior to each hemester start date.
A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
- A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
- Applicants who do not meet the regular admission requirements, but show the potential for success in the M.H.A. program, may be admitted on a conditional basis. The student should submit an essay and 2 letters of recommendation for review by the program committee.
- Students admitted on a conditional basis to the M.H.A. program must earn a 3.00 grade point average on the first six semester hours of graduate work in order to continue in the program.