Master of Sports Administration
The Master of Sports Administration (MSA) online program provides students with a learning experience designed to equip graduates for leadership within the sports management industry. With ever-increasing complexity and regulation, the arena of sports management needs strong leadership that understands both the human and corporate perspectives of the sports world. The MSA online combines the academic, practical and technical skills that are demanded in the sports management world with the values of a Christ-centered education. With a degree from Belhaven, an accredited university, students in our online sports management degree program will be able to compete in this fast growing industry.
Master of Sports Administration online students develop their skills through an intense program that both advocates high academic standards and validates the Christian values to which Belhaven, the School of Business, and each faculty member is totally committed.
The sports administration graduate program takes two years to complete and offers classes in manageable, eight-week “terms.” Project-team activities within each course enhance the learning process and the development of problem-solving skills, while allowing individuals to develop their ability to function with a team.
Sports administration encompasses a variety of occupations; sports regulations, marketing, negotiations, budgeting, research, project management, and retail are all important and relevant segments in the world of sports.
Other job titles in sports administration include the following:
- Athletic Director
- Associate Director of Marketing
- Assistant Director of Facilities
- Director of Operations for Youth Sports
- Media Relations Director
- Advertising Sales Representative
- Sports Writer
|Course #||Course Name||Credits|
|MSL601||Introduction to Graduate Education||3|
|MSA608||Current Issues and Trends in Sports Administration||3|
|MSA624||Leadership and Sports Ethics||3|
|MSL630||Leading High Performance Teams||3|
|MBA640||Advanced Organizational Leadership||3|
|MSA643||Sports Finance and Budgeting||3|
|MSA646||Legal and Regulatory Environment for Sports||3|
|MSL660||Current Issues in Human Resources||3|
|MSL665||Coaching, Mentoring, and Resolving Conflict||3|
|MSA668||Venue and Event Management||3|
|MSA670||Capstone Seminar in Sports Administration||3|
As you apply for admission to Belhaven University, you can use this checklist to assist you in the process. Each item required is necessary to apply, be accepted and register at the college. If you have any questions about admission, please contact us at 601-968-5940 or email@example.com.
Steps to apply:
COMPLETE the APPLICATION for Admission and SUBMIT $25 APPLICATION Fee.
SUBMIT RESUME AND TRANSCRIPTS
- Provide a professional resume showing two years of relevant work experience. Full time military enlistment will be considered in lieu of work experience.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university and an official transcript from the institution granting your baccalaureate degree and official transcripts of all graduate level work, if any. A 2.5 cumulative GPA from undergraduate work is required for admission or 9 hours of graduate work with a B in each course. Up to 6 hours of accredited graduate work may be transferred if a B or better is earned in each course. Download the Transcript Request Form. See Transferability of Credit Notice.
Proficiency in the English language as demonstrated by at least two years of successful academic work at the college or university level in the United States or by a minimum score of 550 paper-based or 79 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Students taking the online courses are responsible for having the required hardware and software prior to each term start date.
- Students taking the online courses are responsible for having the required hardware and software prior to each term start date.
A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
- A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
- Applicants who do not meet the regular admission requirements, but show the potential for success in the M.S.A. program, may be admitted on a conditional basis. The student should submit an essay and 2 letters of recommendation for review by the program committee.
- Students admitted on a conditional basis to the M.S.A. program must earn a 3.00 grade point average on the first six semester hours of graduate work in order to continue in the program.