Online Bachelor of Science in Management
Belhaven's online business degree program, the Bachelor of Science in Management, is ideal for adults who want to focus on management and leadership in business, health care, government, education, and a variety of other organizations. The curriculum emphasizes the roles of leaders in the workplace and includes online courses in communication, research based decision-making, business law, human resources, marketing, computer applications, and business fundamentals.
Whether you are looking to earn a degree as you enter the workforce or achieve advancement in your current career, the Bachelor of Science in Management is an excellent way to accomplish these goals. Belhaven, an accredited online university teaches all courses from the Christian worldview, so you will be able to strengthen your faith as you engage the corporate world of business.
The Bachelor of Science in Management, Belhaven's online business degree program, is ideal for adults interested in earning a new degree or advancing their current career. The curriculum includes online courses in communication, research based decision-making, business law, human resources, marketing, computer applications, and business fundamentals.
|Course #||Course Name||Credits|
|BUS280||Introduction to Online Education||3|
|BIB214||Old Testament History||3|
|BIB215||New Testament History||3|
|BIO125||Science and Culture II||4|
|ENG103||Composition and Rhetoric||3|
|ENG108||Effective Research Writing||3|
|ENG203||Survey of World Literature I||3|
|ENG204||Survey of World Literature II||3|
|HIS205||Contemporary World History||3|
|WVC301||Christian Interpretation of Life||3|
|BUS309||Business Computer Applications||3|
|BUS326||Principles of Management||3|
|BUS320||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|BUS395||Management Research Methods||3|
|BUS406||Finance and Accounting for Managers||3|
As you apply for admission to Belhaven University, formerly Belhaven College, you can use this checklist to assist you in the process. Each item required is necessary to apply, be accepted and register at the college. If you have any questions about admission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COMPLETE the APPLICATION for Admission and SUBMIT $25 APPLICATION Fee.
- REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended. You may make copies of the transcript request form provided. Full credit is usually allowed for students transferring work from another regionally accredited institution. See Transferability of Credit Notice. The registrar will determine if the work is consistent with a liberal arts curriculum.
- Students applying with fewer than 12 semester hours of college credit acceptable by Belhaven must also submit an official high school transcript showing the date of graduation. A 2.0 grade point on a 4.0 scale average is required.
- A student who has earned the General Education Development (GED) certificate may be admitted. An official GED transcript must be provided from the State Department of Education of the state that issued the certificate. Subscores must be 450 or higher or an average standard score of 500 or higher to be considered for admission.
- SUBMIT TEST SCORES
- A student who is applying with fewer than 12 semester hours of college credit must send to the office of admission an official high school transcript showing the date of graduation as well as an official report of the ACT or SAT score directly from the testing service. Applications will be processed and admission status determined when all required items, including the ACT or SAT, where applicable, are on file.
- Freshmen who have graduated and been out of high school for five years or more will not be required to submit an ACT score, but their applications must come before the committee.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 525 or above on the paper-based or 71 on the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The TOEFL requirements may be waived if English proficiency can be demonstrated through other reliable documentation. Proficiency is usually demonstrated by at least two years of successful academic work at the college or university level in the United States.
- A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
- COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS
- Students taking the BSM online courses are responsible for having the required hardware and software prior to each term start date.