Online Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology
The online Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology from Belhaven provides a foundation of knowledge in the major subfields of psychology and prepares students for future study and work in this field.
This online psychology degree will introduce all students to the study of human behavior and mental processes within a Christian context and will develop the students’ abilities to understand and to apply psychology. Many degrees in psychology are founded solely on secular principles, but Belhaven incorporates the biblical worldview into its coursework. Online psychology classes include everything from research, applied and social psychology and counseling theory to statistics for the behavioral sciences, abnormal psychology and theories of personality.
Earning a psychology degree online from Belhaven can lead to rewarding and purposeful jobs like: child protection worker director of volunteer services, group home coordinator, veterans' advisor, case worker, family service worker, social service director, affirmative action officer, drug/substance abuse counselor, residential youth counselor, community relations officer, program manager, rehabilitation advisor, counselor aide, mental retardation unit manager and hospital patient service.
|Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology Curriculum Summary|
|Course #||Course Name||Credits|
|PSY243||Human Growth and Development||3|
|PSY331||Theories of Personality||3|
|PSY332||Learning & Memory||3|
|PSY340||Counseling Theory and Techniques||3|
|PSY355||Introduction to Psychological Research||3|
|PSY461||Psychology from a Christian Perspective||3|
|Must pick 2 out of 4 electives|
|PSY342||Psychology for the Exceptional Child||3|
|PSY343||Helping Children and Adolescents||3|
|PSY442||Psychology of Health and Well-Being||3|
As you apply for admission to Belhaven University, formerly Belhaven College, you can use this checklist to assist you in the process. Each item required is necessary to apply, be accepted and register at the college. If you have any questions about admission, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COMPLETE the APPLICATION for Admission and SUBMIT $25 APPLICATION Fee.
- REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended. You may make copies of the transcript request form provided. Full credit is usually allowed for students transferring work from another regionally accredited institution. See Transferability of Credit Notice. The registrar will determine if the work is consistent with a liberal arts curriculum.
- Students applying with fewer than 12 semester hours of college credit acceptable by Belhaven must also submit an official high school transcript showing the date of graduation. A 2.0 grade point on a 4.0 scale average is required.
- A student who has earned the General Education Development (GED) certificate may be admitted. An official GED transcript must be provided from the State Department of Education of the state that issued the certificate. Subscores must be 450 or higher or an average standard score of 500 or higher to be considered for admission.
- SUBMIT TEST SCORES
- A student who is applying with fewer than 12 semester hours of college credit must send to the office of admission an official high school transcript showing the date of graduation as well as an official report of the ACT or SAT score directly from the testing service. Applications will be processed and admission status determined when all required items, including the ACT or SAT, where applicable, are on file.
- Freshmen who have graduated and been out of high school for five years or more will not be required to submit an ACT score, but their applications must come before the committee.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 525 or above on the paper-based or 71 on the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The TOEFL requirements may be waived if English proficiency can be demonstrated through other reliable documentation. Proficiency is usually demonstrated by at least two years of successful academic work at the college or university level in the United States.
- A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
- COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS
- Students taking the BSM online courses are responsible for having the required hardware and software prior to each term start date.