Online Program Frequently Asked Questions
- What does it mean for a college to be accredited?
- Why is accreditation important?
- What programs are offered online at Belhaven University?
- What is the format of the online class?
- What makes Belhaven’s Online program different from other Christian online programs?
- Is Belhaven University Online accredited?
- Is financial aid available?
- What is the cost?
- How long will it take me to complete my online degree with Belhaven?
- Are transfer credits accepted?
- Can the degree be completed entirely online?
- How do I know what textbooks I need to purchase for each class?
Accredited colleges and universities in the United States are accredited by one of 19 recognized institutional accrediting organizations. Belhaven University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award associate, baccalaureate, and masters degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Belhaven University. For Belhaven University to maintain accreditation with the Southern Association of College and Schools, we must comply with the Commissions’ standards, policies and procedures. SACS is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The CHEA is the largest institutional higher education membership organization in the United States.
As stated on the Council for Higher Education Accreditation web site, accreditation is important because:
Students who want federal (and sometimes state) grants and loans need to attend a college, university, or program that is accredited.
- Employers ask if a college, university, or program is accredited before deciding to provide tuition assistance to current employees, evaluating the credentials of new employees, or making a charitable contribution.
- The federal government requires that a college, university, or program be accredited in order to be eligible for federal grants and loans or other federal funds.
- State governments require that a college, university, or program be accredited when they make state funds available to students or institutions and when they allow students to sit for state licensure examinations in some professional fields.
Belhaven University offers the following programs in an online, convenient and accelerated format. Click on the program you are interested in to receive more information.
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Arts in Business
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Health Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Science in Leadership
- Master of Sports Administration
- Mississippi Teacher Certification
Undergraduate – our online bachelor degree programs are uniquely designed with two options to help you complete your education! You can complete your course work each week whenever it is convenient for you — on your own time. Or you can attend classes in real-time with a professor and other classmates, by logging into the class at a designated time each week. Both options require the same homework and class preparation, but now you can decide which fits best for you — or you can mix it up and try both. Talk to your admission counselor to learn more by calling 601-968-5940 or e-mail email@example.com!
Graduate – We understand the challenge of balancing school with your personal schedule; therefore, we’ve developed our graduate online degree programs with you mind. You’ll have the flexibility to complete your coursework whenever and wherever is convenient for you each week. You will have assignments due each week, but it’s up to you to decide when and where you complete those.
Belhaven Online provides a unique blend of personal, professional attention with a flexible, on-the-go classroom. Our online program allows you to pursue a college degree that fits around your home and work demands, plus you’ll have constant personal support from Belhaven Online staff and frequent interaction with your professors. One of our greatest differences is our attitude towards you...we go out of our way to help you achieve your academic and professional goals. Even when you are unsure if you can make it, our team will help you to persist until you graduate. We genuinely care about you from a Christ-like perspective.
Yes. Belhaven University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees. Also, the School of Business Administration has the following adult degree programs accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education: Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Leadership, Bachelor of Business Administration, and Bachelor of Science in Management.
Yes, financial aid is available to those who qualify. You may contact the office of student financial planning at 601-968-5933 or access the financial aid web site. When filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid be sure to include Belhaven as an institution to receive your results. Our Federal Code Number is 002397.
Your costs for the online program are tuition, a resource fee, and a graduation audit fee which are combined in one cost with no hidden fees. Please see the Tuition web page for a complete listing of costs. We will do all we can to help you find a way to complete your degree.
Online undergraduate degree programs are designed to be completed in less than four years.
Online graduate degree programs are designed to be completed in less than two years.
Transfer credits are accepted at the undergraduate and graduate level. Please contact an admission counselor with program specific transfer credit questions by calling 601-968-5940 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, your degree can be completed entirely online. There is no requirement to come to campus for testing or textbook purchases but you are welcome to visit our campus at any time! In some situations, you may find it convenient or desirable to attend classes at an on-ground facility. Belhaven has campuses for adult education in Jackson, MS; Orlando, FL; Memphis, TN; Houston, TX; Chattanooga, TN or Atlanta, GA. Students meet one night a week and move through the curriculum in an accelerated format, just like the online program classes. Talk to your admission counselor to learn more by calling 601-968-5940 or e-mail email@example.com.
Online students purchase books each hemester from your provider of choice. This will allow you to shop for the best price and best delivery method. Each hemester you’ll need to know which class you are registered for and then a few weeks before class begins order your books to ensure timely delivery. For a listing of required books and possible vendors to purchase from, please refer to the Course Schedule and Book Information page.