Online Master of Science in Leadership Degree Program
The Master of Science in Leadership (MSL) is a 36 credit hour graduate online program, designed to enhance the professional skills of business managers and executives. The program caters to adult professionals who seek to develop and increase their management and leadership roles in business, education, church, and other areas of their professional lives.
Intended to grow the individual's comprehension of internal and external social, legal, political, and economic forces as they affect the decision-making process within an organization, this online master degree in leadership has been structured to serve both holders of baccalaureate degrees in business as well as other disciplines.
Master of Science in Leadership classes are offered in eight week "terms." Project Team activities enhance the learning process and the development of problem-solving skills. All courses are taught from the foundation of the biblical worldview, and students are taught to lead with conviction, think critically, and achieve success according to Christian principles.
The following are the Executive Development Learning Objectives of the Master of Science in Leadership Online program:
- Practice servant leadership using Christ as the model in serving people and society.
- Provide leadership, vision, and strategic planning in a variety of organizations and environments.
- Prepare to lead others in environments increasingly characterized by change and complexity.
- Master principles of human behavior and motivation to maximize use of human resources.
- Master key functional area skills in marketing, entrepreneurship, accounting, finance, and economics.
- Appreciate the trends of a global world and the need to continually update leadership principles and techniques.
- Complete a significant hands-on project in a live organization and integrate the knowledge and skills from all courses taken.
- Develop organizational-wide skills in structure, coordination, policy, and design of sub-units.
- Master methods of organization change and development.
- Develop the ability to utilize the most recent tools and concepts emerging in management and leadership.
- Interact with executive level leaders from the community to identify current challenges and find strategies to address them.
|Course #||Course Name||Credits|
|MSL601||Introduction to Graduate Education||3|
|MSL630||Leading Productive Teams||3|
|MSL658||Principles of Executive Leadership||3|
|MSL646||The Legal Environment of Business||3|
With HR Concentration - Total Hours 42
Electives: Choose 2 of the following:
|Course #||Course Name||Credits|
|MSL661||HR Employee Relations||3|
|MSL662||HR Compensation and Benefits||3|
|MSL663||Issues and Innovations in Human Resources||3|
As you apply for admission to Belhaven University, you can use this checklist to assist you in the process. Each item required is necessary to apply, be accepted and register at the college. If you have any questions about admission, please contact us at 844-848-0900 or email@example.com.
Steps to apply:
- COMPLETE the APPLICATION for Admission and SUBMIT $25 APPLICATION Fee.
- SUBMIT RESUME AND TRANSCRIPTS
- Provide a professional resume showing two years of relevant work experience. Full time military enlistment will be considered in lieu of work experience.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university and an official transcript from the institution granting your baccalaureate degree and official transcripts of all graduate level work, if any. A 2.5 cumulative GPA from undergraduate work is required for admission or 9 hours of graduate work with a B in each course. Up to 6 hours of accredited graduate work may be transferred if a B or better is earned in each course. Download the Transcript Request Form. See Transferability of Credit Notice.
- Proficiency in the English language as demonstrated by at least two years of successful academic work at the college or university level in the United States or by a minimum score of 550 paper-based or 79 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS
- Students taking the online courses are responsible for having the required hardware and software prior to each term start date.
- MILITARY CREDIT
- A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
- CONDITIONAL ADMISSION
- Applicants who do not meet the regular admission requirements, but show the potential for success in the M.S.L. program, may be admitted on a conditional basis. The student should submit an essay and 2 letters of recommendation for review by the program committee.
- Students admitted on a conditional basis to the M.S.L. program must earn a 3.00 grade point average on the first six semester hours of graduate work in order to continue in the program.