Master of Education Online - Educational Technology Emphasis
Educational Technology Emphasis
In today’s classroom the use of technology in education has become popular and many teachers are seeking supplemental knowledge in this area. Candidates enrolled in the online masters of education program at Belhaven University are required to take a core of courses for 21 hours. In addition, students in education and technology can take 3 courses in this area of emphasis for 9 credits. The degree program concludes with a comprehensive capstone course. This educational technology emphasis will enable the candidate to expand their technological expertise and qualify them for a computer applications endorsement.
|Course #||MED Core Courses||Credits|
|EDU600||MED Orientation Seminar||0|
|EDU610||Research Methods and Procedures||3|
|EDU612||Curriculum Planning and Organization||3|
|EDU628||Advanced Instructional Strategies||3|
|REA617||Content Area Literacy||3|
|EDU621||Assessing Student Learning||3|
|EDU623||Technology in Education||3|
|EDU630||Diagnostic and Remedial Strategies Across the Content Areas||3|
|Area of Emphasis - Educational Technology|
|EDU641||Integrating Technology into The Curriculum||3|
|EDU642||Using Technology to Assess Learning and Manage Data||3|
|EDU643||New and Emerging Technologies||3|
|EDU625||Instructional Leadership Skills in the Classroom||3|
As you apply for admission to Belhaven University, you can use this checklist to assist you in the process. Each item required is necessary to apply, be accepted and register at the college. If you have any questions about admission, please contact us at 844-848-0900 or email@example.com.
Steps to apply:
- COMPLETE the APPLICATION for Admission and SUBMIT $25 APPLICATION Fee.
- SUBMIT PROOF OF LICENSURE AND TRANSCRIPTS
- A bachelor's degree in Education from a regionally-accredited college or university is required or evidence of having completed a teacher preparation program and two years teaching experience. Submit an official transcript from your undergraduate degree granting institution and official transcripts from institutions where you have completed graduate coursework. A 2.8 cumulative GPA from undergraduate work is required for admission or a minimum GPA of 3.0 on any graduate work previously completed. Download the Transcript Request Form. See Transferability of Credit Notice.
- Provide evidence of holding a valid standard teaching license.
- Proficiency in the English language as demonstrated by at least two years of successful academic work at the college or university level in the United States or by a minimum score of 550 paper-based or 79 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS
- Students taking the online courses are responsible for having the required hardware and software prior to each term start date.
- MILITARY CREDIT
- A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
- CONDITIONAL ADMISSION
Applicants who do not meet the regular admission requirements, but show the potential for success in the M.Ed. program, may be admitted on a conditional basis using the following criteria:
- Students admitted on a conditional basis to the M.Ed. program must earn a 3.00 grade point average on the first nine semester hours of graduate work in order to continue in the program.
- The student may be asked to submit an essay or recommendations for review by the program committee.
- NON-DEGREE SEEKING, SPECIAL STUDENT APPLICATION PROCESS
- Submit a completed application for admission with fee of $25.
- Non-degree seeking students must submit an official transcript from their undergraduate/graduate degree-granting colleges/universities.
- Non-degree seeking students, after attempting six semester hours, must either apply for admission as a degree-seeking student or make a request to be continued as a non-degree seeking student (maximum of 12 hours).