Online Master of Public Administration Degree Program
The Master of Public Administration degree (MPA) equips graduates for increased leadership roles and management responsibilities within government and non-profit agencies. As a program designed for the professional working adult, the Master of Public Administration program consists of just 12 courses, each offered in a manageable eight week format. This graduate public administration degree program, from an accredited online university, will challenge, inspire, and help you to move your life forward-on your own time.
- BUILD on Certified Public Management designation
- UNDERSTAND economic, political, legal, and social issues
- DEVELOP a problem-solving approach to public management and policy analysis
- BECOME A MORE proficient, empathetic, sincere, and compassionate public administrator and public servant
- BE PREPARED to meet the needs and challenges of public service
Change Your Life
- ATTAIN a rewarding career in public service
- EXCEL as a professional with increased advancement opportunities
- INCREASE your earning power
- ATTEND accelerated adult learning style with online classes
Change Your Point of View
- PARTICIPATE in learning teams
- ENGAGE in Public Administration through scholarly and applied research
- SHAPE your prospective through classes taught from a Christian worldview
|Course #||Course Name||Credits|
|MPA601||Introduction to Graduate Education||3|
|MPA607||Ethics and Society||3|
|MPA603||Research Methods in Public Administration||3|
|MPA609||Administration of Financial Resources||3|
|MPA605||Principles of Executive Leadership||3|
|MPA611||Public and Administrative Law||3|
|MPA610||Economics and Public Policy||3|
|MPA606||Human Resources Development and Administration||3|
|MPA612||Public Policy Analysis||3|
|MPA613||Research Capstone Project||3|
As you apply for admission to Belhaven University, you can use this checklist to assist you in the process. Each item required is necessary to apply, be accepted and register at the college. If you have any questions about admission, please contact us at 800-960-5940 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps to apply:
- COMPLETE the APPLICATION for Admission and SUBMIT $25 APPLICATION Fee.
- SUBMIT RESUME AND TRANSCRIPTS
- Provide a professional resume showing two years of relevant work experience. Full time military enlistment will be considered in lieu of work experience.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university and an official transcript from the institution granting your baccalaureate degree and official transcripts of all graduate level work, if any. A 2.5 cumulative GPA from undergraduate work is required for admission or 9 hours of graduate work with a B in each course. Up to 6 hours of accredited graduate work may be transferred if a B or better is earned in each course. Download the Transcript Request Form. See Transferability of Credit Notice.
- Proficiency in the English language as demonstrated by at least two years of successful academic work at the college or university level in the United States or by a minimum score of 550 paper-based or 79 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS
- Students taking the online courses are responsible for having the required hardware and software prior to each term start date.
- MILITARY CREDIT
- A veteran who wishes to be assessed for military credit or who will use veteran benefits must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
- CONDITIONAL ADMISSION
- Applicants who do not meet the regular admission requirements, but show the potential for success in the M.P.A. program, may be admitted on a conditional basis. The student should submit an essay and 2 letters of recommendation for review by the program committee.
- Students admitted on a conditional basis to the M.P.A. program must earn a 3.00 grade point average on the first six semester hours of graduate work in order to continue in the program.