Online Master of Public Administration Degree Program
The Master of Public Administration degree (MPA) equips graduates for increased leadership roles and management responsibilities within government and non-profit agencies. As a program designed for the professional working adult, the Master of Public Administration program consists of just 12 courses, each offered in a manageable eight week format. This graduate public administration degree program, from an accredited online university, will challenge, inspire, and help you to move your life forward-on your own time.
In addition to the core MPA classes, students can go on to earn a concentration in Human Resources.
- BUILD on Certified Public Management designation
- UNDERSTAND economic, political, legal, and social issues
- DEVELOP a problem-solving approach to public management and policy analysis
- BECOME A MORE proficient, empathetic, sincere, and compassionate public administrator and public servant
- BE PREPARED to meet the needs and challenges of public service
Change Your Life
- ATTAIN a rewarding career in public service
- EXCEL as a professional with increased advancement opportunities
- INCREASE your earning power
- ATTEND accelerated adult learning style with online classes
Change Your Point of View
- PARTICIPATE in learning teams
- ENGAGE in Public Administration through scholarly and applied research
- SHAPE your prospective through classes taught from a Christian worldview
Master of Public Administration Curriculum Summary
|Course Number||Course Name||Credits|
|MPA601||Introduction to Graduate Education||3|
|MPA607||Ethics and Society||3|
|MPA603||Research Methods in Public Administration||3|
|MPA609||Administration of Financial Resources||3|
|MPA605||Principles of Executive Leadership||3|
|MPA611||Public and Administrative Law||3|
|MPA610||Economics and Public Policy||3|
|MPA606||Human Resources Development and Administration||3|
|MPA612||Public Policy Analysis||3|
|MPA613||Research Capstone Project||3|
- Provide a professional resume showing two years of relevant work experience. Full time military enlistment will be considered in lieu of work experience.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university and an official transcript from the institution granting your baccalaureate degree and official transcripts of all graduate level work, if any. A 2.5 cumulative GPA from undergraduate work is required for admission or 9 hours of graduate work with a B in each course. Up to 6 hours of accredited graduate work may be transferred if a B or better is earned in each course.
- Applicants who do not meet the regular admission requirements, but show the potential for success in the M.P.A. program, may be admitted on a conditional basis. The student should submit an essay and 2 letters of recommendation for review by the program committee. Students admitted on a conditional basis to the M.P.A. program must earn a 3.00 grade point average in the first six semester hours of graduate work to continue in the program.